Tuesday 25 – Saturday 29 September 2018, Civic Theatre, Chelmsford
Tickets: Tuesday & Wednesday £16/£14 concessions, Thursday – Saturday all £18. Group bookings available on all performances, buy 9 tickets get 10th free.
caods is excited to announce ‘Top Hat’ as our Autumn 2018 show directed by Sallie Warrington. Sallie recently directed hit shows ‘All Shook Up’, ‘Legally Blonde’ and ‘Sister Act’ for caods.
Following its tremendous success in the West End and recent UK tour winning three Olivier awards, CAODS is proud to bring the Essex premiere of ‘Top Hat’ to the Civic Theatre stage – with the glamour of Hollywood’s golden age and the glorious, tap-dancing magic of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, one of the greatest dance musicals of all time.
Packed full of Irving Berlin’s greatest hits including ‘Cheek To Cheek’, ‘Top Hat, White Tie & Tails’, ‘Let’s Face The Music and Dance’ and ‘Puttin’ On The Ritz’, ‘Top Hat’’ tells the story of Broadway sensation Jerry Travers who dances his way across Europe to win the heart of society girl Dale Tremont. An uplifting and hilarious romantic comedy celebrating 1930s song and style. ‘Top Hat’ dazzles with beautiful costumes, dazzling dance routines and riotous comedy that will leave you with a smile on your face and a song in your heart.
Interested in auditioning for ‘Top Hat’?
Check out the Get Involved and Join Us pages for more information about joining caods. A full call sheet for ‘Top Hat’ will be sent out nearer the time but please find pre-audition calls, audition dates and Saturday setting dates below.
Top Hat, White Tie and Tap Shoes!
14 March – 18 April
Our ‘Top Hat’ director, Sallie Warrington, will be running tap lessons ahead of caods next show and everyone is welcome! So if you are putting on tap shoes for the first time, dusting them off or can buffalo with the best of them then come along and join in the fun! Lessons will be running from every Wednesday from 14 March – 18 April 2018 at HQ. Beginners session from 7.45-8.45pm. Intermediate session from 9.00-10.00pm. £5/£7 per session (member/non-member) with pay as you go option available. Sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member Open Evening – Wednesday 25 April from 8pm. If you are interested in joining caods on or off stage then why not pop along and find out what we are all about. Keep an eye on our social media or email us at email@example.com.
- Top Hat Pre-Audition Calls (all 7.30-10pm) – Friday 27 April (setting dance audition), Wednesday 2 May, Friday 4 May, Wednesday 9 May and Friday 11 May
- Top Hat Auditions – Saturday 12 May from 10am
- Top Hat First Rehearsal – Wednesday 16 May
- Saturday setting dates are: 2 June, 23 June, 7 July, 28 July, 11 August, 1 September, 15 September and 22 September